Welcome!The 12th International Conference on Bayesian Nonparametrics will be held in Oxford, United Kingdom, on June 24-28, 2019.
The Bayesian nonparametrics (BNP) conference is a bi-annual international meeting bringing together leading experts and talented young researchers working on applications and theory of nonparametric Bayesian statistics. It is an official section meeting of the Bayesian nonparametrics section of the International Society for Bayesian Analysis (ISBA) and is co-sponsored by the Institute of Mathematical Statistics (IMS). Attendees are expected to share our commitment to safeISBA, and to adhere to the ISBA code of conduct.
- 08/10: List of invited sessions
- 01/10: Call for travel support (call closes on 15th December 2018)
- 01/10: Call for contributed talk (call closes on 15th December 2018)
- 27/08: List of keynote speakers
webpage created on October 10, 2017
RegistrationRegistration will open early 2019.
Abstract submission for contributed talkThe Scientific Committee invites submissions for possible contributed talks. The deadline for submitting a title/abstract for a contributed talk is 15th December 2018. Decisions are made by the Scientific Committee and are expected to be sent by February 15, 2019.
Note: Attendees will also be given the opportunity to apply for a poster presentation. Submission of poster title/abstracts will be available when registration opens in early 2019.
ProgrammeThe conference will feature keynote, invited and contributed talks as well as two poster sessions.
Conference venueThe conference will take place at the Mathematical Institute (Andrew Wiles building), Radcliffe Observatory Quarter, Woodstock Road, Oxford.
Getting to OxfordPlane
- London Heathrow; the Oxford Bus Company Airline service coach goes directly from here to Oxford.
- London Gatwick; the Oxford Bus Company Airline service coach goes directly from here to Oxford.
- London Stansted; there are infrequent direct coaches or more frequent links via a coach to Heathrow or London.
- Luton; you may need to take a coach to Heathrow or London to join one of the other services.
- Birmingham International Airport; there are frequent trains from here to Oxford (see Rail Timetable Information).
- See Rail Timetable Information for details of trains to Oxford and to purchase train tickets.
- From London, take the Oxford Bus Company X90 service or the Oxford Tube coach to Oxford.
- See the National Express website for details of coaches from other major cities.
- Tickets can usually be purchases on the linked travel company websites.
Travel supportThe submission of applications for travel support opens on 1st October 2018 and closes on 15th December 2018. The support is for junior researchers (students currently enrolled in a Dphil (PhD) programme or having graduated after 1st October 2015). The applicant agrees to present her/his work at the conference as a poster or oral if granted the travel support. Decisions are made by the scientific committee, and awardees will be notified by 15th February 2019.
Application should preferably be made through the following online form, which requires to sign in with your google account credentials.
Alternatively, applications can also be sent by email to email@example.com, with the subject header Travel support Application. Applications should include the following information: 1/ Last name, 2/ First name, 3/ Affiliation, 4/ Position (DPhil/Postdoctoral student/Assistant Professor/Other(specify)), 5/ Expected year of DPhil graduation or year of Dphil graduation, 6/ CV (pdf), 7/ proof of enrollment in a DPhil programme, or of graduation date (pdf), 7/title of the work to be presented at the conference and 8/ abstract.
IMS travel Awards. The Institute of Mathematical Statistics also provides travel grants for students and early-career researchers. Information and details of the application process are given on the IMS website. The deadline for these grants is 1st February 2019. Applications will be reviewed by the IMS Committee on Travel Awards.