I am a Professor in the department of Statistics
Fellow at Keble
, University of
My research interests lie in the development of probabilistic
for the analysis of complex and structured data, the study of the
theoretical properties of such models and the development of
inference algorithms. I am currently particularly interested in
- Statistical Machine Learning
- Bayesian Methods, Bayesian nonparametrics
- Statistical Network modeling
- Valentin Kilian, PhD student, Oxford. Co-supervised with
- Stefano Cortinovis, PhD student, Oxford. Co-supervised with
Mark van der Wilk.
Panero, PhD student, Oxford (2017-2022), co-supervised
J. Rousseau. Now Assistant Professor in Statistics at London
School of Economics.
- Cian Naik, PhD student, Oxford (2017-2022), co-supervised
with J. Rousseau. Now Senior Data Scientist at Deliveroo.
PhD student, Oxford (2016-2020). Now Machine Learning
Scientist at Huawei Technologies.
Di Benedetto, PhD student, Oxford (2015-2020),
with Y.W. Teh. Now Machine
Scientist at Amazon.
Miscouridou, PhD student,
Oxford (2015-2020), co-supervised with Y.W. Teh. Now Lecturer in Statistics at the
University of Cyprus.
postdoc (2018-2019), Oxford. Now Associate Professor at
- Jessica Sodjo, PhD student, INRIA Bordeaux (2014-2018),
with A. Giremus, N. Dobigeon and J.F. Giovannelli. Now
Assistant Professor in Computer Science at
University of Guyane.
- Andrei Barbos, PhD student, University of Bordeaux
co-supervised with J.F. Giovannelli. Now Image Processing
Todeschini, PhD student at INRIA Bordeaux (2013-2016),
co-supervised with M. Chavent. Now Freelance Data Scientist.
PhD student at University of Bordeaux (2011-2015),
R. Thiébaut. Now Research Faculty (Chargé de Recherche) at
Inserm Bordeaux Population Health Research Center.
- Michele Pace, PhD student at INRIA
Bordeaux (2009-2011), co-supervised with P. Del Moral. Now
Technology Officer at Exmetrica.
Undergraduate/MSc Course on Statistical Machine Learning (Hilary
24-29 St Giles
Phone: +44 (0)1865 282 865