Disability and Access
The Department of Statistics is committed to making its teaching, resources, facilities and services available to students, staff and others with disabilities as appropriate to ensure that they are not at a disadvantage. In some cases, this may require reasonable adjustments to the building, facilities, services or teaching methods.
In the Department, there is a Disability Coordinator and a Disability Lead.
- Disability Coordinator – Jonathan Whyman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Disability Lead (the senior member of staff who has strategic oversight of provision for disabled students) – Dr Neil Laws (email@example.com; tel: (01865 2)72597.
Students with disabilities should consult the Disability Advisory Service as soon as possible at the start of their studies. Information on disability contacts, financial support, adjustments to teaching and examination arrangements, and an access guide to University buildings are available online.
- Support for disabled staff
- Information for disabled staff, students, applicants and visitors as well as for those supporting individuals with a disability. https://edu.admin.ox.ac.uk/disability-support.
- Occupational Health Service
- A guide for staff supporting disabled students
- Support for disabled visitors to the University
- Information regarding the University of Oxford’s initiatives to promote a more inclusive workplace
- Buildings Access Guide
- Dr Neil Laws: tel: (01865 2)72597; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hannah Harrison: e-mail: email@example.com.
- Prof. Christl Donnelly: e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.