Director of Statistical Consultancy Services
I am heading the Oxford University Statistical Consulting, which provides applied statistical advice and support to clients from within and outside the University. Previously, I have been leading the Official Statistics team at Oxford Policy Management Ltd. In this work I supported government institutions, International Organisations and major donors to improve the availability and quality of their data and analysis and enhance the use of statistics, in particular across the developing world. In this field, my work has focused in particular on data quality assessments; survey design; applied statistical/econometric analysis; and design and delivery of statistical training workshops and seminars.
- Since 2020: Director of Statistical Consultancy Services, Department of Statistics, University of Oxford
- 2013-2019: Team lead and Senior Consultant in Official Statistics, Oxford Policy Management Ltd.
- 2012: PhD in Economics, University of Sussex.
- 2008-2012: Early Stage Marie Curie Researcher/Researcher, French National Demographic Institute (INED), Paris
- 2004-2005; 2006-2007: Consultant, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development
- Tuffrey, V. MEZGER, C., Nanama, S., Bulti A., Olisenekwu, G., Umar, C., Jones, E. and Namukasa, E. (2019); “Assessment of monitoring systems in the management of severe acute malnutrition in northern Nigeria”. Currently under review.
- MEZGER, C. Royal Statistical Society (2017); Presented at workshop entitled “Where there is no frame: using techniques from ecological statistics to measure populations of disadvantaged and at-risk people and of informal institutions in developing countries without reliable censuses or registers”.
- MEZGER KVEDER, C. & Beauchemin, C, 2015. “The Role of International Migration Experience for Investment at Home: Direct, Indirect, and Equalising Effects in Senegal”, Population, Space and Place, Volume 21, Issue 6, pages 535–552.
- MEZGER KVEDER, C., 2014. “Inequalities in access to schooling – what are the trends in Nigeria? Evidence from three DHS surveys (2003, 2008, and 2013)”, EDOREN Working Paper, 30 pp. https://edorennigeria.wordpress.com/publications/
- MEZGER KVEDER, C., 2014. “Education data in Nigerian national household survey data: Review of survey reports and evidence from microdata”, EDOREN research report. https://edorennigeria.wordpress.com/publications/
- Schoumaker, B. & MEZGER KVEDER, C., 2013. “Sampling and computation of weights in Migration between Africa and Europe (MAFE) surveys”, MAFE Methodological Note 6, 1-73. Link: https://www.ined.fr/fichier/s_rubrique/21396/note_6_mafe_nale_for_samplingandcomputationweights.fr.pdf