S-PLUS Library - fastICA
This file explains how to install the S-PLUS library fastICA.
I assume that you have a basic knowledge of UNIX/LINUX and that you already
have S-PLUS 5.x or S-PLUS 6.x installed on your machine.
fastICA contains an implementation of the FastICA algorithm to perform Independent
Component Analysis (ICA) and Projection Pursuit.
1. Download the g-zipped tar archive fastICA_S_*.*-*.tar.gz
2. Unzip the file using gunzip fastICA_S_*.*-*.tar.gz
3. Unpack the archive using tar -xvf fastICA_S_*.*-*.tar
This will create a directory in called fastICA
4. Move this directory (with it's contents) to the default S-PLUS library
tree on your machine IF you have permission.
If not create your own library directory somewhere i.e.
mkdir ~/lib and move the directory fastICA there.
(a) Create the library from within the fastICA directory by running the script
./INS5 (for S_PLUS 5.x)
./INS6 (for S_PLUS 6.x)
NB. You might have to alter the first line of these scripts which sets the
version of Splus you are using.
(b) Run the following commands in the fastICA directory
6. You can then start an S-PLUS session from where you like and load
the library using
- Assuming you put it in ~/lib
library(fastICA) - Assuming
you put it into the default S-PLUS library tree
If you have any problems/suggestions using this package, please email me