Research interestsMy research interests lie in the development of probabilistic models for the analysis of complex and structured data, the study of the theoretical properties of such models and the development of scalable inference algorithms. I am currently particularly interested in sparse networks.
- Statistical Machine Learning
- Bayesian Methods, Bayesian nonparametrics
- Monte Carlo methods
- Statistical Network modeling
- Cian Naik, PhD student, Oxford, co-supervised with J. Rousseau
- Francesca Panero, PhD student, Oxford, co-supervised with
- Fadhel Ayed,
PhD student, Oxford (2016-2020). Now Machine Learning Scientist at Huawei Technologies.
Di Benedetto, PhD student, Oxford (2015-2020), co-supervised
with Y.W. Teh. Now Machine Learning
Scientist at Amazon.
- Xenia Miscouridou, PhD student,
Oxford (2015-2020), co-supervised with Y.W. Teh. Now Research Associate at Imperial College London.
- Juho Lee, postdoc (2018-2019), Oxford. Now Assistant Professor at KAIST.
- Jessica Sodjo, PhD student, INRIA Bordeaux (2014-2018), co-supervised with A. Giremus, N. Dobigeon and J.F. Giovannelli. Now Lecturer at University of Guyane.
- Andrei Barbos, PhD student, University of Bordeaux (2014-2018), co-supervised with J.F. Giovannelli. Now Image Processing Scientist at DxOMark.
- Adrien Todeschini, PhD student at INRIA Bordeaux (2013-2016), co-supervised with M. Chavent. Now Freelance Data Scientist.
- Boris Hejblum, PhD student at University of Bordeaux (2011-2015), co-supervised with R. Thiébaut. Now Research Scientist (Chargé de Recherche) at Inserm Bordeaux Population Health Research Center.
- Michele Pace, PhD student at INRIA Bordeaux (2009-2011), co-supervised with P. Del Moral. Now Chief Technology Officer at Exmetrica.
BNRG (Python): Simulation and inference for Bayesian Norros-Reittu random graph models
Micropartition (Julia): Simulation and inference for random partition with microclustering property
SNetOC (Matlab package): Simulation and inference for Sparse and modular Networks with Overlapping Communities (SNetOC)
NPflow (R package): Bayesian Nonparametrics for Automatic Gating of Flow-Cytometry Data
BNPgraph (Matlab package): Simulation and posterior inference for sparse random graphs
BiiPS software: Bayesian Inference with Interacting Particle Systems
Polyatreetest (Matlab/Octave package): Bayesian nonparametric two-sample test with Polya tree priors
BNPPL (Matlab/Octave package): Bayesian inference in nonparametric (mixture of) Plackett-Luce models
HASI (Matlab package): Adaptive algorithm for low-rank matrix completion and collaborative filtering
BayesBT (Matlab/Octave package): Efficient Bayesian inference for generalized Bradley-Terry models
TeachingStatistical Machine Learning (Hilary Term 2021)
Department of Statistics
University of Oxford
24-29 St Giles
OX1 3LB, Oxford
Phone: +44 (0)1865 282 865