OxWASP at a glance
- A 4-year cohort-based doctoral training programme with a first year at Oxford followed by three years at either Oxford on the Statistical Science (Centre for Doctoral Training) course, or at Warwick.
- Applications can now be submitted for entry to the programme in October 2017.
- The majority of OxWaSP's 10 fully-funded studentships are available for UK and EU candidates, five places at each institution. International students bringing their own international studentships may also seek to join the programme.
- The EPRSC-funded students on the Statistical Science (EPSRC and MRC Centre for Doctoral Training) programme will be members of St Peter's College. Students who are funded by University scholarships may be members of other colleges depending on the scholarship.Most of the fully-funded students will be members of during their time at Oxford.
- Students will have, or be expected to obtain, a First Class Honours degree or Master’s degree in a subject that contains strong Mathematics training and have had significant exposure to Statistics or machine learning. (A strong upper-second class degree may be sufficient). Students must be motivated to do research in Statistics for high dimensional data analysis or for high dimensional modelling. OxWaSP is dedicated to developing the future industrial and academic individuals doing world-leading research in statistics for modern day science, engineering and commerce, all exemplified by ‘big data’.
When applying for this programme, you may submit a further application for the DPhil in Statistics without paying an additional application fee.
- If you decide to apply to the OxWaSP programme at both Oxford and Warwick, you will need to submit separate applications. Please ensure you indicate on your applications which of the two is your first choice university.
- Interviews are held in late February each year.
- Please note that Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS) clearance is not required for the Statistical Science (EPSRC and MRC Centre for Doctoral Training).
Information on visas for international students can be found at www.ox.ac.uk/students/visa.
Queries about the Statistical Science (EPSRC and MRC Centre for Doctoral Training) should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org