Disability and Access
The Department of Statistics is committed to making its teaching, resources and facilities and services available to students, staff and others with disabilities as appropriate to ensure that they are not at a disadvantage. In some cases, this may require reasonable adjustments to the building, facilities, services or to teaching methods.
In the Department, there is a Disability Coordinator and a Disability Lead.
- Disability Coordinator – Mrs Jan Boylan, room G.09, tel: 01865 (2)72870, email.
- Disability Lead (the senior member of staff who has strategic oversight of provision for disabled students) – Dr Neil Laws, tel: 01865 (2)72597, email.
Students with disabilities should consult the Disability Advisory Service as soon as possible at the start of their studies. Information on disability contacts, financial support, adjustments to teaching and examination arrangements, and an access guide to University buildings, are available online.
- The University of Oxford’s Disability: the common framework
- Disability Advisory Service
- Oxford Students’ Disability Community
- Buildings access guide
- Support for disabled staff
- Occupational Health Service
The Department also has harassment advisors:
The department subscribes to the University Equality policy.