- Multi-Armed Bandit Allocation Indices. Wiley (1989)
- Statistics Methods for Pharmaceutical Research Planning. Decker (1985) (with Bergman, S.W.)
Publications since 1994:
- RESPRO - An Aid in Pharmaceutical Research Planning, R & D Management (1994), vol 24, no.3, pp 219-227.
- Indices on Thin Ice, in Probability, Statistics and Optimization, editor F.P.Kelly, Wiley (1994) pp 421-433.
- A Prospector's View of Pharmaceutical Research, Chemometric Society Newsletter, 23 (1994), pp 9-15.
- Quantitative Methods in the Planning of Pharmaceutical Research. Drug Information Journal (1996), vol. 30, no. 2, pp 479-487.
- Why Crash Pharmaceutical Research? R & D Management (1997), vol 27, no. 1, pp 79-85
- Algorithms for Allocating Resources to Multi-stage Pharmaceutical Research Projects. In Christer A.H., Osaki, S. & Thomas L.C.(eds.) Stochastic Modelling in Innovative Manufacturing Springer (1997), (Lecture Notes in Economics and Mathematical Systems Series, no. 445), pp 123-139.
- Sample Size Determination for Clinical Trials. Student (1999), vol3, No.1, pp 19-26 (joint with H. Pezeshk).
- How Large Should a Clinical Trial Be? The Statistician (2000), Vol 49, part 2, pp 177-187 (with H. Pezeshk).
- A Behavioural Bayesian Method for Optimal Sample Size Determination in Clinical Trials, Drug Information Journal (2000), Vol 34, no 2, pp 355-363 (with H. Pezeshk).
- Bounds on the Performance of a Greedy Algorithm for Probabilities. Maths of OR, 26 (2001), 313-323 (with G. Harper).
- Stochastic Models for the Planning of Pharmaceutical Research, Journal of Statistical Theory and Applications (2003), Vol 2, no 2, pp 198-214.
- Cost Benefit Approach to the amount of expermentation in Clinicial Trials, Drug Information Journal (2006), Vol 40, pp 407-411 (with H. Pezeshk).
- A Bayesian approach to determine the number of subsequent users of a new treatment, Statistical Methods in Medical Research (2006), Vol 15, pp 585-592 (with H. Pezeshk).
- Models and Software for Improving the Profitability of Pharmaceutical Research, European Journal of Operational Research (2008), vol 189, pp 459-475 (with J.-Y. Yu).
- Optimal Selection Policies for a Sequence of Candidate Drugs, Advances in Applied Probability (2008), Vol 40, pp 359-376 (with C. Charalambous).