Professor Bob Griffiths FRS
Mathematical Population Genetics, particularly in modelling stochastic evolutionary processes and developing computational alogarithms for ancestral inference from samples of genes, such as the time to the ancestor of the genes.
- Griffiths, R.C. and Lessard, S. (2005). Ewens' sampling formula and related formula e: Combinatorial proofs, extensions to variable population size and applications to ages of alleles. Theor. Popul. Biol. 68, 167-177.
- Etheridge, A. M., Griffiths, R. C. (2009). A coalescent dual process in a Moran model with genic selection. Theor. Popul. Biol. 75, 320-330.
- Griffiths, B. [R]. (2009). Stochastic processes with orthogonal polynomial eigenfunctions. J. Comput. Appl. Math. 23, 739-744.
- Etheridge, A. M., Griffiths, R. C. and Taylor, J. E. (2010). A coalescent dual process in a Moran model with genic selection, and the lambda coalescent limit. Theor. Popul. Biol. 78, 77-92.
- Griffiths, R. C. and Spanò, D. (2010). Diffusion processes and coalescent trees. Chapter 15, 358-375. In: Probability and Mathematical Genetics, Papers in Honour of Sir John Kingman. LMS Lecture Note Series 378. ed Bingham, N. H. and Goldie, C.M., Cambridge University Press
- Griffiths, R. C. and Spanò, D. (2011). Multivariate Jacobi and Laguerre polynomials, infinite-dimensional extensions, and their probabilistic connections with multivariate Hahn and Meixner polynomials. Bernoulli 17, 1095-1125.
- Diaconis, P. and Griffiths, R. C. (2012). Exchangeable pairs of Bernoulli random variables, Krawtchouk polynomials and Ehrenfest urns. Aust. N. Z. J. Stat. 54, 81-101.
- Griffiths, R. C. and Spanò, D. (2013). Orthogonal Polynomial Kernels and Canonical Correlations for Dirichlet measures. Bernoulli 19, 548-598.
1970 - 1973 Lecturer in Statistics, Maquarie University, Australia
1973 - 1979 Lecturer in Statistics, Monash University, Australia
1979 - 1988 Senior Lecturer in Statistics, Monash University
1989 - 1998 Reader in Statistics, Monash University
1998 - 2012 University Lecturer, Professor of Mathematical Genetics, University of Oxford
2012 - Emertius Professor of Mathematical Genetics, University of Oxford