The Statistics library can be found in the Department of Statistics at 24-29 St Giles’, on the lower ground floor.
Due to the pandemic we are currently operating a request system for borrowing. If you would like to borrow a book, please e-mail: email@example.com with the title, author and shelf mark (e.g. QA276 ABC). No access is currently available to browse the library shelves.
Administrative staff: Hannah Harrison
Academic librarian: Professor David Steinsaltz
Phone: 01865 282857 (please note that due to the pandemic this number is not currently manned)
Members of staff, research students, masters students and 4th year Mathematics and Statistics students have automatic admission to the library. If you are not from the Department of Statistics, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to gain admission to the library.
If you are a graduate student from another department in the University, please provide a supporting statement from your supervisor for admittance to the library.
MSc students from other departments may be admitted with a supporting statement to borrow a particular resource but will not have full access. Undergraduate students, apart from those stated above are not allowed access.
Departmental visitors can gain access on request.
A current University card is required for registering.
Non-departmental members and undergraduates: 8.30-16.30 Mon-Thurs, 9.00-16.00 Fri.
Departmental members: 24 hour access apart from closure days.
Closed: all public holidays and Departmental closure days.
- Operational research
- Mathematical genetics
- SOLO – Search Oxford Libraries Online
- Oxford University Library Services e-resources webpage
- Oxford University Research Archive (ORA)
- Mathematical Institute eprints archive
- ArXiv.org – eprint archive (Cornell University Library)
- Front for Mathematics ArXiv (UC Davis)
- Science@Oxford – Information Services for Science and Medicine
- Resources for Statistics
- Statistics Library Leaflet including rules of conduct
- Whitehead Library, Mathematical Institute